Reign of Winter VA
A relatively small and unimportant peasant community in Southern Taldor, the people of Heldren keep to themselves and keep their eyes focused South against Qadiran plotting.
- Armory – A dirt path winds its way up a low hill west of town to the single door of this square stone tower.
- Isker’s Smithy – Although he spends most of his time shoeing horses and repairing farm tools, Isker Euphram does keep a few weapons in stock in his shop.
- General Store – Heldren sits on the road to Zimar, so plenty of trade passes through the village. Viviala Steranus takes advantage of this brisk trade to stock her shelves, meaning the store has most everything a villager (or a new adventurer) may need, including a few magic items.
- Town Hall – Rather grand for a village of this size, Heldren’s Town Hall boasts a clock tower overlooking the town square.
- Willowbark Apothecary – A well-tended garden sits in front of this equally neat house.
- Barber – Argus Goldtooth, one of the town’s few dwarves, is an artist with razors and scissors and a fair healer, though he tends to overprescribe leeching.
- The Silver Stoat – Heldren’s only tavern stands right on the town square across from the town hall. A fixture of village life, the tavern fills up with patrons in the evening as they gather to share gossip, hear news, and reward themselves for a hard day’s work. Husband and wife Menander and Kale Garimnos run the tavern as if it were their family kitchen. Menander works in the kitchen, cooking up his famous venison flank steak, while Kale tends bar.
- Livery Stable – At the stable next door to the Silver Stoat, Sophia Imirras offers horses (and a single pony) for hire or sale.
- Town Square – The most notable feature of Heldren’s town square is the large statue of a beautiful woman right in the center of the town. Usually just called “the Lady,” the statue has been here for as long as anyone can remember and no one knows who it actually represents.
- Ionnia Teppen’s House – The leader of Heldren’s village council lives in this simple two-story house just off the town square.
- Temple of Erastil – Although Elder Natharen Safander is a cleric of Erastil, he tends to tall the village’s flock regardless of their faith. The temple also has some minor magic items for sale.
- Carpenter – Heldren’s foremost woodworker is Tengezil Frimbocket, a gnome with a wild shock of electric blue hair.
- Heldren Sawmill – Heldren’s sawmill stays busy day and night cutting timber harvested by the village’s woodcutters into planks for shipment to Zimar and other cities, and stacks of lumber are always heaped outside.
- The Butcher of Jalrune – The name of this butcher shop refers to the supposed nickname of its halfling proprietor, Perkin Tarimm, who claims to be a retired Zimar corsair.
- Old Mother Theodora’s – Every village has its resident wise woman, and Heldren is no exception. Old Mother Theodora is Heldren’s most skilled midwife, and she helped deliver just about everyone who was born in the village. She is also a talented soothsayer and hedge witch.